What Happens When Young Men Take ED Drugs Without Any Need?May 23, 2018
Step By Step Guide To Take ViagraMay 30, 2018
Hitting gym, eating well and getting plenty of sleep works wonder for your sexual fitness. There are tons of evidence that show how your daily habits have a huge impact on your bedroom performance. However, these aren’t the only factors. Sometimes, the medications and supplements you take to treat your health issues can have a negative impact on your sexual performance, and can lead to erectile dysfunction. Here are some of the medicines that have a negative effect on your sex life are:
- Blood Pressure Lowering Medications – Your doctor may recommend you to take a beta blocker or meds that lower your blood pressure, if you’re suffering from hypertension. This might be good for your heart, but it can affect your sexual performance. High blood pressure medicines interfere with some physiologic properties that are necessary for sexual health.
- Antihistamines – If you suffer from heartburn, itching, or allergies, you can take an antihistamine to soothe your symptoms. Antihistamine can help you get rid of any type of hay fever or cold-cough infections, but may trigger temporary ejaculation problems and potentially cause erectile dysfunction.
- Oral contraceptives – The pills that prevent pregnancy also reduce testosterone production. So birth control pills affect your libido by lowering the sex hormone levels, including testosterone. Testosterone is one of your body’s surefire ingredients for a mind-blowing performance in bed. Moreover, these pills increase production of SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin) which, in turn, can reduce circulating levels of testosterone even more. All this can lead to worse situations in the bedroom for some women. Talk to your doctor to find the right oral control preventive option for you.
- Proscar – Proscar is used to treat an enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia. The active ingredient of Proscar (finasteride) can decrease your sex libido by preventing testosterone from converting into its active form. All this can result in decrease in your sexual performance. Talk to your doctor to get the right medications for yourself.
- Anti-seizure drugs – Anti-seizure drug, such as Tegretol can be a game changer for people who have bipolar disorder and seizures. But this medicine comes along with a hefty price, i.e., reduced sexual desire. This medicine works on nerves and dampens nerve impulses reduce pleasurable sensations. If in case your anti-seizure drug is affecting your libido, ask your doctor about an alternative medication.
Talk to your doctor right away if you take any of these medicines and experience any side effect. Your doctor may recommend you some other medicine to treat your health issues. If we’ve missed any medication that is affecting your performance in bedroom, do let us know in the comment section below.